Sunday, January 23, 2011

Kale Chips

I love Chips, but they are so horrible for you so I have cut them out of my diet but sometimes I just crave that salty and crunchy texture. One of my boot campers shared a recipe that her friend gave her. Kale Chips

I admit I was a bit skeptical. I wasn't sure how I would like them or how the kids would like them. Well, we made a trial batch tonight. They were amazing!!! My kids loved them and begged me to make another batch. Kale is such an awesome food for you! Kale is chocked full of vitamin A and C and low in calories. You can read more about Kale here
http://www.peertrainer.com/DFcaloriecounterB.aspx?id=2666

Here is the recipe given to me by Tracey Durbin and given to her by Kate Loder Luke. Enjoy!


KALE CHIPS
take the Kale leaves off of the stalk, spread them out on a baking sheet, spray lightly with olive oil, and sea salt, bake 8-10(ish) minutes at 350 degrees! just keep an eye on it, we like it green but crispy and it can burn easily!

No comments:

Post a Comment