Thursday, February 17, 2011

Chili Macaroni

My aunt sent me this recipe that was given to her by a friend. It is a Weight Watchers Recipe

1 lb lean ground beef or turkey breast
2 med onions chopped
29 oz canned stewed Mexican Style tomatoes undrained
2 1/2 cups of canned tomato juice
4 oz diced green chili peppers (I used 2 cans)
2 tsp Chili Powder (I also added ground cumin and ground pepper to taste)
1 1/2 cups whole wheat macaroni uncooked
31 oz Pinto Beans canned, rinsed and drained

Brown beef and onions, drain
Stir in undrained tomatoes, tomato juice, chili peppers, chili powder and other seasonings if desired
Bring mixture to a boil
Stir in macaroni and beans, return to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer until macaroni is tender- around 15 min. Spoon 1 cup of chili into bowls. I added some Frank Red Hot Sauce to mine because I like mine very spicy!

It was really good, we enjoyed it

No comments:

Post a Comment