Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Chicken Taco Fiesta

This recipe was sent to me by a boot camper, I changed a little but of it, took out the packaged taco seasoning and added my own. It was very good!!

1 1/4 lb chicken tenders cut into small pieces
14 oz can of chicken broth
8 oz can tomato sauce
1 tbs chili powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp paprika
1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp black pepper
14 oz canned white corn
1 can black beans
1 1/2 c uncooked brown minute rice

Mix together all seasonings and place to side

In large saucepan saute chicken in olive oil until done, add chicken broth, tomato sauce and mixed seasonings, bring to boil, simmer for 5 min. Add corn, beans and rice. Cover and remove from heat. Let stand until rice is donw

You can top with a sprinkle of reduced fat cheese, sour cream if you would like. I added some extra Frank's Hot Sauce to mine because I like it really spicy.
I served it with a salad

Leftovers can be placed in a whole grain tortilla for a great lunch wrap

No comments:

Post a Comment